Friday, April 18, 2008

Suggestions anyone?

So, I am in need for a really good read. I mean a great read. A real page turner. A life altering experience. An "I can't put this book down" kind of book. Ok Ok so I went a little overboard but I really am looking for something interesting. Any good suggestions out there?

If any of you are in desperate need of a great read then let me know. I have just what you need!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

That would be Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner...the sequel to our beloved Good in Bed. Chick Lit at it's finest...

jularun7 said...

try the kite runner ... great, altering read.

N&WOdom said...

if you havent already for sure the twilight books! amazing! love them!! still on the third, but loving it!

Juls said...

Stephanie Meyer is coming out with Thoe Host on May 6th!! Can't wait for it. Then Breaking Dawn in Aug. 2nd! I really like her! But I have heard Kite Runner is really good. Thats next on my list.

Mandy said...

Try reading The Watchers by Dean Koontz. I liked it a ton. I read The Kite Runner and the next book Khaled Hosseini wrote after called A Thousand Splendid Suns and they were both super depressing. I stopped in the middle of A Thousand Splendid Suns because it is so sad. Anyway Dean Koontz' book was a page turner!

Mandy said...

Also.....This is my friend Katies suggestions and she is a HUGE reader. I always read the books she has read because they turn out really good. Anyway, let me know if you start any of them. I think I will start on Snowflower and the Secret Fan.

These are her words.....
Snowflower and the Secret Fan. It is about a friendship between two girls in 18th century China. The writing is beautiful and the characters completely believable. There is a whole chapter on foot binding. The story is beautiful.


One Thousand White Women. This was a terrific book. Supposedly, right after the Civil War, in order to establish peace with the whites, a tribe of Indians asked President Grant if he would send 1,000 white women to them. The Indians would marry them and then the children would integrate both races. It never happened but this book explores the idea that it did. It is written in diary form and I loved the heroine. It was a page turner.
Anyway, "That's what she said!"

Lu said...

i read the first two twilight books when i got put on bed rest. it was a fun distraction. def a page turner. i never got to the 3rd.